Monday, December 14, 2009

It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas...

We have been busy getting the house ready for Christmas! Last week we got our Christmas tree. Since moving to California we have had to spend a ridiculous amount of money on our tree every year. This year we found a lot that had them 50% cheaper than we were used to spending, which was wonderful! I love to get the tree up early and enjoy it for as long as possible each holiday season and it seems that Nolan likes it as well. We knew he would be interested in it, so we didn't put ornaments within his reach, but we did put lights around the bottom. I think the lights need to be moved though! He is always crawling over and playing with them!
Since it is Nolan's first Christmas we wanted to find an ornament or two for him. We checked out Target and other stores, but were having a hard time finding something we liked. I decided to check out Etsy, a website devoted to handmade, DIY things. Quickly I found a little "shop" called gifts define. In the shop I found adorable bird ornaments that celebrated a baby's first Christmas. I was able to pick out the colors, and have his name and the year put on the bird. It arrived a couple of days ago and I LOVE it!! It quickly found its way onto the tree.

Looking for the perfect tree with Daddy

Still looking with Mommy

In front of the tree, which you can't see well because I used the flash

The tree is up and decorated!

By far my favorite ornament on the tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment