Friday, January 6, 2012

2012 goals

1 :: Get connected. We are moving in 2 months and intend for this move to be our last. We have moved a lot. Too much. But this move came unexpectedly and it is a place where we have always wanted to end up and raise our kiddos. So we are going for it! We want to find a church community to be a part of, I want to find other mamas to hang out with, and we want to find couple friends. It's hard and intimidating to start someplace over and be the "new person", but like I said, this is it. Our (hopefully!) forever home, so we will be making it a priority to get plugged in and build community.

2 :: Read, read, read! I haven't read nearly as much as I would like in the last couple of years. Pregnant and reading just never went together for me and neither did newborns and reading. But we are out of that stage and I'm looking forward to diving back in. Here's a short list of books I'm looking forward to in the next year...Also, I will be hitting up the library for these whenever I can. Trying to not spend so much money on books this next year. I could walk into a Barnes & Noble (or online at amazon) and spend WAY too much.

Columbine Already started this one!


If You Want to Walk on Water, You've Got to Get Out of the Boat (I think we own this one, I just have to dig it out of the box)


The Litigators I'm a sucker for John Grisham...quick and easy reads!

There are plenty more, but hoping to start here...

3 :: Get dressed each morning. Don't read that the wrong way...I'm clothed, just in my pajamas and I tend to stay in them most days, all day. This is really happening for two reasons. 1 :: none of my clothes fit. For reals. This baby weight is still hanging around. Having twins really wreaked my body. I refuse to buy clothes at my current size because I don't want to spend the money, but mostly I don't want to be this size. So losing the baby weight and eating healthy are goals for the year. 2 :: I just had twins. And I have a two year old. I'm proud that I get them dressed most days! It doesn't leave a lot of time to work on myself. But I'm getting to the point that I want to. And I NEED to. If I can spend a little time on myself each morning (exercise, shower, quiet time) before the kids get up (instead of getting up with them) I think I will be more awake and more engaged with the day.

4 :: Run a 1/2 marathon. I guess this could tie in with the whole baby weight be gone thing, but it's more than that. Running keeps me sane. It's my quiet time to think, pray, and be with my thoughts for awhile. Running has been a huge part of my life for 16 years and is currently like that long lost friend that you want to get back in touch with. It's time to become BFF's again with running. I miss it.

5 :: Dates with the hubby. They just don't happen much anymore. Thankfully, we have family where we are moving to and I'm hoping that will help us get out a little more and spend time away from the kids!

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. I hear ya sister...it's a long road back with these post baby bodies. Best wishes with your goals and your move!!
    Heather--Work in Progress

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow girl, you have a lot on your plate! these sound like great goals, and i totally understand the getting dressed thing. i think most moms do. :)

    i'd like to read columbine this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that you're reading Columbine. I think it was fantastic (I hate to say that about such terrible subject matter) and I think about it all the time.

    Good luck with everything - thanks for participating in my link up!

    ReplyDelete