Thursday, January 5, 2012

Green Monster


Nolan can be a bit of a picky eater. It is just about impossible to get him to eat vegetables (just like most 2 year olds I hope!), but he is all about fruit and loves smoothies. Thanks to pinterest, oh how I LOVE pinterest, I discovered the green monster.

The green monster is a smoothie loaded with fruit and spinach. You aren't supposed to taste the spinach. I thought to myself this is too good to be true and how haven't I known this all along?? After looking at a wide variety of green monster recipes and each one being a little different, I whipped up one for Nolan and I to try. He loved it! I loved it! I was sure I would, but with Nolan you never know! Fresh spinach will now be in regular rotation at the Lynch house and at least I know he is getting some greens now and again, along with those dino nuggets he loves so dearly.

My version of the green monster:

1 banana
1 cup mixed berries (not necessary if you don't have)
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup orange juice
some ice
1-2 cups of fresh spinach
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed


No comments:

Post a Comment